I have been working a browser based gradient generator. I’ve never had the best experience using gradient generators, so I decided to see if I could do better.
It is a prototype right now (a weekend project), but I am hoping to do more with it as time permits.
- It outputs to CSS, Canvas, and SVG
- Allows for separate color and alpha stops
- Keyboard support (left, shift+left, right, shift+right, ctrl+c, ctrl+v)
- You can Copy/Paste current stop
- Easily sharable URLs with the hash tag Example gradient or a GET parameter (Example with GET parameter).
- Local Storage Support to keep track of your work
Potential Future Features
- Support for radial gradients
- Cross browser CSS output
- Saving your gradients to server
- Multiple layers for stacked gradients
- More CSS 3 effect generators (box shadows, rounded corners, etc) built into the UI
- Any other ideas? Leave a comment or tweet them to @bgrins!
I haven’t come up with a better name yet, so check it out here: http://briangrinstead.com/gradient!